General Michael Hayden, the former director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) will deliver a keynote address, Cyber Threats: Fighting the Battle of the Future, Friday, March 8 at IHS CERAWeek at the Hilton Americas-Houston.
Cyber threats and the energy infrastructure will be one the key topics at the 32nd annual IHS CERAWeek executive conference. Several other sessions and leading experts will address emerging cyber threats and what they mean for energy infrastructure and strategic responses by the oil, gas and electric power industries.
- Managing Energy Industry Risks: Politics, Disruption and Recovery – (Wednesday, March 6) – with leading experts on infrastructure security including Kristin Lovejoy, general manager-security services, IBM
- Transmission and Distribution Risks: Transforming the Power Grid – (Thursday, March 7)
- Cyber Threats: The War that is Being Waged – chaired by Dennis Murphy, IHS senior analyst-cyberspace operations, and including presentations by Shyam Sankar, director-forward deployed engineering, Palantir, and Ron Foudray, vice president-cyber solutions, Northrup Grumman. Note: This session is for conference delegates only (Tuesday, March 5)
Cyber threats will also be an area of focus during several other sessions throughout the conference including the Electric Power CEO Plenary, chaired by Larry Makovich, IHS vice president-global power, and featuring the CEOs of CMS Energy Corporation and Consumers Energy Company, Duke Energy and PG&E Corporation; a keynote presentation by Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates; a Coping with Disruption plenary discussion chaired by IHS Vice Chairman Daniel Yergin and a keynote by Walter Isaacson, best-selling author and distinguished biographer, who is currently writing a book on the digital age.“Cybersecurity has become a critical issue for the energy industry of the 21st century,” Dr. Yergin said. “IHS CERAWeek will convene an international group of senior industry executives, government officials and thought leaders to offer timely discussion on the responses and leadership challenges of building a more resilient infrastructure.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts