SIOUX FALLS, S.D., Feb. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Raven Industries Engineered Films Division (Nasdaq:RAVN) announces the installation of a new reclaim production line designed to capture and recycle excess polymer material from internal manufacturing processes. The new reclaim line is truly a state-of-the-art system, capable of producing up to 15 million pounds of reprocessed resin pellets annually. This unique design contains a specific line filtering system for the removal of foreign materials from the melt stream; allowing complete quality control of all materials produced. The integrated computer control interface monitors every aspect of the process from the introduction of material to the finished resin pellets produced.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=17310
Raven teamed up with leading consultants for the design and procurement of the new reclamation system, which involved extensive research and analysis of current industry recycling solutions. Raven elected to work with companies such as ADG Solutions and Davis Standard LLC due to their project expertise in reclaim automation systems. This collaboration proved to be highly instrumental in the selection of major line components from key equipment manufacturers."The installation of this advanced system achieves a closed-loop recycling stream for our manufacturing facility by reclaiming excess production material through a fully controlled process from start to finish," states Anthony Schmidt, vice president and general manager for Raven Industries Engineered Films Division. "Additionally, the reclaim line achieves a critical step in implementing actions directly aligned with Raven Industries' sustainability initiatives, by reducing product waste and municipal landfill consumption."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV