BOGOTA, Colombia, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In accordance with Resolution 116 of 2002, the Board of Directors of Ecopetrol S.A. (NYSE: EC; BVC: ECOPETROL; TSX: ECP) ("Ecopetrol" or the "Company") approved the following measures to guarantee the adequate representation of its shareholders at the 2013 General Shareholders' Meeting to be held on March 21, 2013 (the "Meeting"):
- Ordered the Company's management to inform shareholders of their right to be represented at the Meeting through a proxy and the legal requirements that those proxies must satisfy.
- Instructed the Company's employees to participate in reviewing shareholder proxies and not to accept proxies that do not comply with the requirements established by Colombian law.
- Instructed the Company's management to inform the Company's managers and employees that they may not recommend to shareholders that they vote in any given way about any specific item.
- Instructed the Company's management to inform the Company's managers and employees that they may not suggest, coordinate or agree with shareholders on the submission of shareholder proposals during the General Shareholders' Meeting.
- Instructed the Company's management to inform the Company's managers and employees that they may not suggest, coordinate or agree with shareholders voting in favor or against any given shareholder proposal presented at the General Shareholders' Meeting.
- Instructed the Company's management to inform Shareholders that they cannot grant proxies to persons who are directly or indirectly part of the company's management.
- Instructed the Company's managers to adopt all measures necessary to ensure that the Company's employees act neutrally when interacting with shareholders.
- Appointed the Secretary General of Ecopetrol as the person responsible for verifying adequate compliance with these measures.
- Appointed the Legal Vice-Presidency as the internal division responsible for reviewing shareholders' proxies.
The measures listed above (adopted by the Board of Directors of Ecopetrol in order to ensure compliance with Resolution 116 of 2002) were made public to the general market by the Chairman of the Board of Directors (acting through the Superintendent for Issuers) prior to the Meeting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV