MIDLAND, Mich., Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE: DOW) today announced its recommitment to Habitat for Humanity International, which marks the company's 30 th anniversary of financial, volunteer and product contributions to Habitat to support the goal of creating safe, affordable housing in partnership with low-income families around the world.
Dow was one of Habitat's first corporate partners, and over its three-plus decades has been instrumental in the construction of nearly 39,000 homes in 24 countries on six continents, including in Ghana, Africa, for the first time in 2013.
"Dow and Habitat understand the importance of providing safe, affordable housing and giving families that much needed hand up toward a better future," said Bo Miller, global director for Corporate Citizenship at Dow. "Our 30-year partnership illustrates this commitment and passion for improving lives, and we are proud that our efforts are truly making a difference."Since 1983, thousands of Dow volunteers have helped families realize the dream of home ownership. In addition to financial and product contributions, Dow provides subject matter experts in energy efficiency and conservation in the construction of homes. "We are so grateful to Dow for reaching out to Habitat to become one of our first national corporate partners and for helping to build thousands of homes during the last 30 years," said Jonathan Reckford CEO of Habitat for Humanity International. "I have had the privilege of working with Dow associates all over the world and so appreciate the contributions both of the organization and the individual supporters. Dow helped us create the model for developing crucial corporate partnerships and has been pivotal in helping us building homes, communities and hope."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV