Dell today introduced the Latitude 10 enhanced security configuration, a business-ready tablet designed to address the costly and time consuming management and security challenges faced by organizations deploying tablets. The Dell Latitude 10 is ideal for highly regulated industries such as government agencies, financial institutions and healthcare organizations and builds upon Dell’s heritage of delivering trusted business PCs with industry-leading manageability, security and reliability.
Study Reveals Multiple IT Challenges of Deploying Tablets in Enterprise Settings
A recent Dell and Intel-commissioned Harris Interactive online survey 2 of 204 U.S. healthcare IT decision makers highlights the tablet management challenges faced by organizations today. The results show that tablets are increasingly becoming a standard IT device (51 percent of the healthcare organizations surveyed have deployed them). However, other studies show tablets can cost significantly more time and money to manage than other standard Windows-based devices such as laptops and desktops. According to the results of the Harris survey:
- On average, those institutions managing tablets spend an estimated $2,235.20 configuring these devices to work within their organizations. These costs are often several times more than the actual expense of acquiring the device.
- Fifty-one percent of tablet using institutions report that the devices required additional software or tools beyond what is used to manage laptops and desktops.
- Forty-two percent of IT decision makers in tablet using organizations spent between 10 and 29 minutes per tablet to achieve the same level of security inherent in Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chips.
- Forty-four percent of those in tablet using organizations reported that there are applications that are currently used in their organization on desktop and laptop computers that cannot currently be accessed on tablets.
These results demonstrate that the introduction of tablets into enterprise environments has created a more expensive and difficult management process for IT managers in multiple industries. The Dell Latitude 10 was designed to overcome these challenges by combining a great user experience with ease of management and deployment by IT. The Latitude 10 fits easily and securely into existing IT environments to help improve IT efficiency and decrease total cost-of-ownership. Because it is managed like any standard Windows-based laptop, the Latitude 10 is significantly easier to deploy and manage than the Apple iPad in large scale enterprise implementations. According to third-party testing performed by Principled Technologies 1, when compared to the iPad the Latitude 10 tablet is:
- Up to 17 times faster and 94 percent less expensive to deploy saving approximately 580 hours in system prep and applications installation.
- Up to 99 percent faster for software updates, saving approximately 197 hours with automated updates.
- Up to 85 percent cheaper per device to maintain over a three-year period.
- Dell Data Protection|Access providing an integrated end point security management suite that utilizes the fingerprint and smart card reader in the Latitude 10 as well as third-party security devices. A Dell wizard provides simple setup.
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 hardware to allow networks to check device integrity and to assign full trust.
- Microsoft® BitLocker Drive Encryption.
- Computrace Support for stealth tracking software to allow the recovery of lost or stolen devices.
- A Noble Lock slot for added hardware security.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts