- More than $9.5 million — the largest percentage of Travelers’ giving for any category — was focused on educational organizations and activities.
- The company celebrated the fifth anniversary of its signature education program, Travelers EDGE (Empowering Dreams for Graduation and Employment), aimed at increasing bachelor’s degree attainment and career preparedness. 195 undergraduate students have been directly financially supported by a Travelers EDGE scholarship or stipend.
- Travelers launched a new partnership with Habitat for Humanity International and the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety to increase ownership of fortified homes in low-income coastal neighborhoods. Travelers also funded 35 Habitat builds in 23 states, logging more than 3,500 employee volunteer hours.
- As one of the nation’s largest insurers of small businesses, Travelers also began a new education program with Los Angeles-based Valley Economic Development Center to teach women and minority entrepreneurs about the risks associated with small business ownership.
- Travelers employees logged more than 42,800 corporate and personal volunteer hours, up from 31,000 in 2011.
- Travelers employees requested matching funds of nearly $2 million for their local communities:
- In recognition of Travelers employees’ volunteer hours, 571 $500 grants went to 411 organizations in 31 states and the District of Columbia, totaling $285,500. Forty-nine states and the District of Columbia received matching grants based on employees’ cash donations.
Travelers Releases Community Giving Report On International Corporate Philanthropy Day
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts