The firm's largest stockholder, Leonard Riggio, is planning to purchase all of Barnes & Noble's retail assets, according to a statement released before market open. Riggio is also Barnes & Noble's founder and chairman.
Barnes & Noble shares spiked 15.47% to $15.60 before market open.
Social gamer Zynga (ZNGA) was another winner, climbing 10.34% to $3.52, continuing its recent run. Shares of the San Francisco-based firm closed up 7.77% during the previous trading session, boosted by Nevada's decision to legalize online gambling.Zynga was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 2,180,972. Shares of HP (HPQ), which announced its Slate7 tablet on Sunday, crept up 0.42% to $19.28 early on Monday. BlackBerry (BBRY) reversed some of its recent losses on Monday, rising 3.95% to $13.70 on share volume of 549,977. The Canadian handset maker's shares ended Friday's session down 5.04%. Facebook (FB) gained 0.33% to reach $27.22 while Sirius XM (SIRI) was up 0.33% at $3.06. Apple (AAPL) shares rose 0.35% to $453.37 before market open. Shares of Vodafone (VOD), however, dipped 0.65% to $24.85. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV