Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ: MDSO) signed Purdue Pharma L.P. to a multi-year enterprise agreement that significantly broadens its already wide use of Medidata’s cloud-based solutions, to further improve clinical trial operational efficiencies, resource savings and decision making. Purdue is also renewing the Medidata applications it currently uses across its portfolio of innovative treatments for pain, sleep and gastrointestinal disorders.
Relying on a range of Medidata products for all major studies since 2010, including study and protocol design tool Medidata Designer ® and electronic data capture and management system Medidata Rave ®, Purdue recently adopted Medidata’s clinical trial management system (CTMS) and is now adding clinical business analytics with Medidata Insights™, including its innovative site quality management module, as well as support for risk-based monitoring with Rave Targeted SDV and additional modules of the site budgeting and financial management tool Medidata Grants Manager ®.
For the past three years, Purdue’s management has witnessed significant productivity improvements in its clinical trial operations with Medidata’s cloud-based solutions. Before expanding its use of the Medidata platform, Purdue conducted a complete ROI analysis to secure buy-in from executive management on the implementation.
- “After seeing the results we were able to achieve with Medidata’s Clinical Cloud, we have enthusiastically embraced a number of new capabilities,” said Charles Willmer, senior director of clinical systems, Purdue. “Expanding our use of Medidata’s platform will enable us to reduce cost, complexity and time in site negotiation and monitoring, track CRO activities more efficiently, and improve visibility into study performance.”
Using Medidata Designer, Purdue has streamlined the design process and increased downstream visibility into the impacts of design decisions, leading to improvements in quality and timelines. Purdue’s use of Medidata Rave for data management and capture across its global trials is driving fast trial start-up times: study build timelines have decreased to less than eight weeks. The company is also leveraging Rave’s standards-based infrastructure to easily import data from other clinical technologies for additional study efficiencies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV