Jeffery Leving Addresses The National Fatherhood & Families Conference On Incarcerated Fathers
CHICAGO, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On February 26 th, 2013, nationally respected fathers' rights attorney Jeffery M. Leving will address the National Fatherhood & Families Conference on the rights of incarcerated fathers. The conference is an annual event sponsored by the Fathers & Families Coalition of America, a national organization devoted to the needs of fathers and children.
The conference, now in its 14 th year, will be held in San Francisco over four days, with important figures from politics, government, healthcare, and education giving addresses on fatherhood issues. Mr. Leving was the conference key note speaker in 2008, and this fall President Barack Obama awarded the National Call to Service Award to the fathers' rights attorney for his work with the coalition.
"Children are the future of our society, and incarcerated fathers have children of whom this is no less true," Leving notes. "Imprisoned fathers are responsible for most of the 1.5 million minor children of incarcerated parents. We need to break the cycle of criminality through positive father-child involvement because the most reliable predictor of crime is neither poverty nor race, but growing up fatherless."
Leving will present with Washington, D.C. Judge Milton Lee on the "Fathering Court Initiative" a program that helps men with criminal histories reduce child support arrears during imprisonment, secure fathers' rights to reconnect with their children, and find employment after their incarceration. The program supports formerly incarcerated fathers with a year of fatherhood education classes to help them become strong co-parents, which greatly reduces the likelihood of repeat criminal offenses.It also diverts men with lesser offenses from the prison system entirely if they commit to graduate from the program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV