SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RSA Conference USA 2013 Booth #1431 -- Qualys Inc. (Nasdaq:QLYS), a pioneer and leading provider of cloud security and compliance management solutions, today announced powerful new vulnerability management capabilities for its customers using Amazon Web Services (AWS), specifically Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), using a QualysGuard connector leveraging Amazon APIs. The QualysGuard connector for use with AWS automates the discovery and tracking of assets in Amazon EC2 and Amazon VPC environments, allows them to be automatically scanned for vulnerabilities, and provides reports giving customers visibility and control of security and compliance in their cloud environments.
The QualysGuard connector for use with AWS provides automated discovery and tracking of AWS-hosted assets by detecting and synchronizing changes to customers' virtual machine instance inventories. The instances can be tracked over time, even as their IP addresses change, and are scanned for vulnerabilities using QualysGuard Virtual Scanner Appliances deployed on Amazon EC2 or Amazon VPC. This allows security personnel to automate vulnerability assessments using QualysGuard workflows. For example, assets can be scanned automatically after first discovery, on a regular calendar schedule, at intervals based upon each instance's uptime, selectively based upon particular attributes of each instance, or some combination of factors.
"It is important for customers to have the ability to extend their security and compliance programs into AWS," said Terry Wise, Head of Worldwide Partner Ecosystem, AWS. "We are excited that Qualys has joined the AWS Partner Network and is providing our customers with value added security solutions enabling customers to deploy more workloads on AWS."This new set of capabilities announced by Qualys includes:
- Native AWS API connectors. These can be configured to connect QualysGuard to one or more AWS accounts to synchronize asset inventories from all AWS Regions and Amazon VPCs. Important instance attributes and contextual metadata are collected and updated as they change over time. Dynamic Asset Tags, which can drive or influence policies and reporting throughout QualysGuard, may be automatically assigned to assets as part of the import process. Attributes and contextual metadata about Amazon EC2 instances are also captured and available as data points to inform further Dynamic Asset Tagging within QualysGuard.
- Vulnerability scanning, pre-authorized by Amazon. In collaboration with AWS, Qualys has built safeguards into a new Amazon EC2 Scanning capability within QualysGuard that ensures that scanning will not inadvertently target other AWS customers' instances and that all AWS policies for vulnerability scanning are adhered to. Based upon this, customers may scan at their convenience, as Amazon EC2 Scanning using QualysGuard has been pre-authorized by AWS, negating the need to obtain explicit permission from AWS before proceeding with scanning as is typically required.
- Enhancements to the QualysGuard Virtual Scanner Appliance AMI (Amazon Machine Image), available to customers in AWS Marketplace . Qualys now has a scanner release in AWS Marketplace designated as "Pre-Authorized" for use with the Amazon EC2 Scanning capability within QualysGuard that leverages the AWS API connection.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts