Dillard’s reported net income for the prior year 52-week period ended January 28, 2012, of $463.9 million, or $8.52 per share. Included in net income for the prior year 52-week period is a net after-tax credit totaling $234.5 million ($4.31 per share) comprised of the following items:
- approximately $201.6 million ($3.70 per share) in tax benefit due to the reversal of a valuation allowance related to a deferred tax asset consisting of a capital loss carryforward
- a $28.7 million after-tax gain ($0.53 per share) related to the settlement of a lawsuit
- a $0.9 million after-tax gain ($0.02 per share) related to the sale of two former retail store locations
- a $2.7 million after-tax gain ($0.05 per share) related to a distribution from a mall joint venture
- a $1.4 million after-tax gain ($0.03 per share) relating to the sale of an interest in a mall joint venture
- asset impairment and store closing charges of $0.8 million after-tax ($0.01 per share)
Excluding this net after-tax credit, the Company would have recorded net income of $229.4 million ($4.21 per share) for the prior year 52-week period.
Net Sales – Fourth Quarter
Net sales for the 14 weeks ended February 2, 2013 were $2.106 billion and $1.970 billion for the 13 weeks ended January 28, 2012. Net sales include the operations of the Company’s construction business, CDI Contractors, LLC (“CDI”).Total merchandise sales (which exclude CDI) for the 14-week period ended February 2, 2013 were $2.087 billion and $1.946 billion for the 13-week period ended January 28, 2012. Total merchandise sales increased 7% for the 14-week period compared to the 13-week period. Based upon comparable weeks, total sales increased 2% and sales in comparable stores increased 3% for the fourth quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV