- Following a successful comparative bioavailability trial, the Company met with the FDA to discuss its planned New Drug Application (NDA) filing for RHB-102
- Company plans to file the RHB-102 NDA in Q4/2013
- RHB-102 is a proprietary, extended release, once-daily oral formulation of ondansetron, a leading drug for the prevention of nausea and vomiting in cancer patients
TEL-AVIV, Israel, Feb. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RedHill Biopharma Ltd. (Nasdaq:RDHL) (TASE:RDHL) (the "Company" or "RedHill"), an emerging Israeli biopharmaceutical company focused primarily on the development and acquisition of late clinical-stage, patent-protected, new formulations and combinations of existing drugs, reported that it recently concluded a Type B meeting and has held additional communications with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration ("FDA") regarding RedHill's RHB-102, a patent protected, oral, extended-release (24 hours) formulation of ondansetron. Ondansetron is the active ingredient in GlaxoSmithKline's Zofran® immediate release tablets for the prevention of radiotherapy induced nausea and vomiting (RINV) and chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting (CINV).
The purpose of these communications with the FDA was to discuss the filing of a U.S. new drug application ("NDA") for RHB-102, following the Company's 2012 comparative bioavailability study. Based on these communications and subject to additional regulatory and other activities, RedHill currently estimates that an NDA for RHB-102 will be filed during the fourth quarter of 2013. In the meantime, RedHill is focused on completing additional studies and product information required for the NDA data package and plans to seek additional regulatory guidance from the FDA ahead of the planned NDA submission.
With potentially significant advantages to cancer patients over the immediate release oral ondansetron tablets, RHB-102 is targeting a significant segment of the 5-HT3 anti-emetic oncology support drug products' market, which was estimated to be approximately $1 billion in 2010 by BCC Research, a leading market intelligence and information resource.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV