FORT WORTH, Texas, Feb. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Quicksilver Resources Inc. (NYSE:KWK) today announced preliminary 2012 fourth-quarter and full-year results.
- Produced 132 billion cubic feet of natural gas equivalent (Bcfe)
- Posted stellar results from the company's first multi-well pad in the Horn River Basin; initial production rates were between 23 MMcfd and 34 MMcfd per well at very high flowing pressures
- Established oil production in two U.S. projects
- Advanced negotiations in Barnett sale and Horn River joint venture
- Reduced near-term capital and letter-of-credit obligations in the Horn River Basin
- Secured financial covenant flexibility in Combined Credit Agreements
- Closed Sand Wash Basin Acquisition and Exploration Agreement with SWEPI LP
- Reduced overall company cost structure
- Increased derivative portfolio to cover nearly 70 percent of expected 2013 natural gas production at a weighted average price of $5.10 per Mcf
"Our top priorities are to improve liquidity through asset sales, joint ventures and other measures, further reduce the overall company cost structure, and match capital spending to operational cash flow," said Glenn Darden, Quicksilver's President and Chief Executive Officer. "We are progressing on all of these objectives, which should make us a stronger company, able to operate more efficiently and effectively in the current market environment and beyond."Financial Results Adjusted net loss for the fourth quarter, a non-GAAP financial measure, was $2 million, or $0.01 per diluted share, compared to breakeven adjusted net income in the 2011 period. Reported net loss for the fourth quarter, which includes the impact of a non-cash ceiling test impairment primarily generated by a change in hedge accounting, was $1.1 billion, or $6.47 per diluted share. This compares to net income of $24 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, in the prior-year period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV