New High Performance Multi Touch And Multi Touchless Technology, 'Sensation', Launched At Mobile World Congress Is Significantly More Precise Than Current Technologies For User Interfaces
BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sensation technology is a new high performance multi touch and multi touchless technology introduced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona that enables control of mobile device functions in both touch and in three dimensions using just finger and hand movements. It is thought to be up to 100 times more precise than current technologies, and can realize real 'hovering' functions in mobiles and a multitude of applications like gaming, pad TV, automotive, medical industries plus many others.
It also allows the developer community to invent a multitude of new applications that transform two-dimensional environments into complete 3D experiences, enabling a new way of interaction. Sensation technology frees the designer's creativity – it can be applied to planed, curved, or complex geometries and can also be combined with LED lighting allowing any variety of designs and features.
By introducing the z-dimension at the touch screen, it is possible to fundamentally change the way people interact with devices and change the way people do things. This extra dimension enables the measurement and sensing of multiple fingertips at up to 5cm away from the screen.
The benefits of this new Sensation technology mean that it is possible to enable proximity, depth and surface sensing on any surface of any device using multi touch functions, multi touchless functions, xyz fingertip sensing, multi hovering functions up to 5cm from the screen and 3D gesture controlIt enables any device to be used as a notebook with any pen or with fingers, even if the user is wearing gloves. In addition, the ability to easily zoom in on the keys makes it possible to use a keyboard even without the need for glasses. This technology is considered 100 times more precise than current technologies, and so can realize real hovering functions. The possibilities of what Sensation technology enables are limitless – some examples of what can be done include:
- Ability to zoom in on small icons from a distance, with the icons growing in size as your fingers get closer, even bursting them on touch, or activating a function or keyboard on touch
- Play with the controls or functions of a smartphone with your fingers outside or away from the screen
- On a smartphone, have icons that comes automatically positioned under fingers, manipulating a 3D a virtual object
- Make a multitude of simple gestures, such as: turning a page, activating the device with a hand approaching, turning a map, zooming in with two fingers, and so on.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts