March 2013 Is Sing With Your Child Month
PRINCETON, N.J., Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- March is Sing with Your Child Month , a time to commemorate the importance of making music with children. The initiative, created by Music Together LLC a leader in early childhood music education, emphasizes that music-making is integral to development, supporting their growth into healthy adults
According to Kenneth K. Guilmartin, Founder/Director of Music Together LLC, "Five years ago we developed Sing with Your Child Month. We chose March because it is a time that symbolizes rebirth, which reminds us of our most precious resource: our children. As parents and grandparents, we have only a finite amount of time to connect with our children. When we sing and make music as a family, we form everlasting bonds, which ultimately allow children to feel secure as they grow, putting them on the road to success."
Research shows the impact early music education and participation can have not only on musical growth, but also on academic skill development and achievement. Some recent findings include: music instruction can promote key school readiness skills; music education in early childhood can have a profound impact on developing the areas of the brain integral to reading ability; and participation in music activities is associated with child and adolescent achievement outcomes in math and reading.
Guilmartin explains, "All children are born with the ability to learn music from birth. And, music learning supports all learning by promoting creativity, personal expression, and social interaction. Many adults may not realize they can contribute to the enrichment of their child's music development, even if they don't consider themselves 'musical.' A goal of Sing with Your Child Month is to remind parents that it is not important that they sing perfectly; it is important that they model the enjoyment of making music. Singing together doesn't cost a dime, it requires no special skills, and it can have a tremendous impact on development in many areas — not to mention the joy it brings to families. The impact of singing with your child is immeasurable, and the rewards will help make the world a better place."Here are ways Music Together is celebrating Sing with Your Child Month:
- Musical activities: Visit www.musictogether.com/singmonth for family music-making activity suggestions from Music Together teachers, directors, and families. If you have an idea to share submit it to SWYCM@musictogether.com.
- Research and resources: Want to learn more about children's music development? Extensive links to articles, tips, and resources are at www.musictogether.com/deeperlearning.
- Giveaways: Weekly giveaways with music trivia will be hosted on Music Together's Facebook page during March ( www.facebook.com/MusicTogether).
- "One Little Owl" Music Video sweepstakes: Share your family's lyrics to this Music Together song and be part of a new Music Together music video. Entrants have the chance to win a free semester of Music Together. To enter: www.musictogether.com/OneLittleOwl
- Events at worldwide Music Together centers: Visit www.musictogether.com/ClassLocator to find a local center and join the celebration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV