NUREMBERG, Germany, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Embedded World 2013, Atmel ® Corporation (NASDAQ: ATML), a leader in microcontroller (MCU) and touch technology solutions, today announced the company will be showcasing a variety of smart, connected applications from the lab environment to the digital living room at Embedded World (EW) 2013 held in Nuremberg, Germany, February 26-28, 2013.
Demos will be showcased in the Atmel Stand 5-311, Hall 5.
The following microcontroller (MCU), touch and security applications will be showcased in the 'lab' portion of the exhibit:
- The recently announced Atmel Cortex™-A5 based SAMA5D3 microprocessor (MPU) will be showcased in two demos: one running Linux and a sleek-user interface for home automation, while the other demonstrates an Android 4.0 on a maXTouch® touch-enabled LCD station. This station showcases the latest Atmel AVR ® and ARM ® processor-based software tools including Studio 6 and the new Atmel Xplained PRO boards with SAM4L and SAM4S ARM processor-based devices.
- A board highlighting an Atmel XMEGA AVR MCU-based LED demo with a maXTouch mXT143 will also be on display, along with demonstrations of the open source Arduino platform.
- A medical lab station with several applications highlighting MPUs including the a portable oximeter using the Atmel SAM9G45 ARM processor-based device with an AVR UC3B, and the latest medical tablet using the Atmel SAM9M11 ARM processor-based device.
- Atmel automotive solutions highlighting our automotive touch, car access, turbo charger and door access applications.
- Touch solutions highlighting Atmel QTouch ® technologies for button, slider and wheel functionality.
- Security solutions highlighting Atmel CryptoAuthenication™ devices in lighting and drill applications, along with a digital temperature sensor and a board showcasing the Atmel AT24MAC / CS Serial EEPROM.
- Atmel wireless solutions showcasing a ZigBee Light Link solution, set-top box, lighting application and an Atmel Xplained PRO board with an ATMEGA-256RFR2 device.
- Several consumer devices including a keyboard with an LCD for smart typing utilizing the Atmel ARM926-based SAM9G15 processor-based device; a life-logging camera along with an Xprint iOS printer server using an Atmel ARM SAM9G25 processor-based device.
- Solutions highlighting Atmel Wi-Fi solutions using Wi-Fi direct peripherals including a specialized remote control, a gaming headset, a keyboard and mouse.
- Touch tablets, social media stations, ZigBee lights and other end user applications.
- Session 16: Building an Intelligent Lighting Control Network through a Virtualized Infrastructure. This session will be presented by Jesus Teijeiro on February 27 from 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm CET.
- Class 12 : Ultra-low Power System Design Workshop Performance and Power Consumption Tradeoffs in Modern MCU Architectures. This class will be presented by Paal Kastnes on February 27 from 10:50 am – 11:50 am CET
- Session 26: Automotive Applications / Meeting the Environmental Challenges for Automotive Touchscreen Applications. This session will be presented by Stephan Thaler from 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm CET on February 28.
- Session 1 on Touchscreens: Advantages of Flexible Sensors. This session will be presented by Mariel van Tatenhove from 2:20 pm - 2:40 pm CET on February 27.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts