Feb. 25, 2013
Embedded World 2013,
Corporation (NASDAQ: ATML), a leader in microcontroller (MCU) and touch technology solutions, today announced the company will be showcasing a variety of smart, connected applications from the lab environment to the digital living room at Embedded World (EW) 2013 held in
February 26-28, 2013
Demos will be showcased in the
Atmel Stand 5-311, Hall 5
The following microcontroller (MCU), touch and security applications will be showcased in the 'lab' portion of the exhibit:
- The recently announced Atmel Cortex™-A5 based SAMA5D3 microprocessor (MPU) will be showcased in two demos: one running Linux and a sleek-user interface for home automation, while the other demonstrates an Android 4.0 on a maXTouch® touch-enabled LCD station. This station showcases the latest Atmel AVR ® and ARM ® processor-based software tools including Studio 6 and the new Atmel Xplained PRO boards with SAM4L and SAM4S ARM processor-based devices.
- A board highlighting an Atmel XMEGA AVR MCU-based LED demo with a maXTouch mXT143 will also be on display, along with demonstrations of the open source Arduino platform.
- A medical lab station with several applications highlighting MPUs including the a portable oximeter using the Atmel SAM9G45 ARM processor-based device with an AVR UC3B, and the latest medical tablet using the Atmel SAM9M11 ARM processor-based device.
- Atmel automotive solutions highlighting our automotive touch, car access, turbo charger and door access applications.
- Touch solutions highlighting Atmel QTouch ® technologies for button, slider and wheel functionality.
- Security solutions highlighting Atmel CryptoAuthenication™ devices in lighting and drill applications, along with a digital temperature sensor and a board showcasing the Atmel AT24MAC / CS Serial EEPROM.
- Atmel wireless solutions showcasing a ZigBee Light Link solution, set-top box, lighting application and an Atmel Xplained PRO board with an ATMEGA-256RFR2 device.
In the digital living room, exhibitors can experience smart, connected devices with Atmel solutions including:
- Several consumer devices including a keyboard with an LCD for smart typing utilizing the Atmel ARM926-based SAM9G15 processor-based device; a life-logging camera along with an Xprint iOS printer server using an Atmel ARM SAM9G25 processor-based device.
- Solutions highlighting Atmel Wi-Fi solutions using Wi-Fi direct peripherals including a specialized remote control, a gaming headset, a keyboard and mouse.
- Touch tablets, social media stations, ZigBee lights and other end user applications.
Atmel Technology Experts will also be addressing several technical sessions and classes during the show:
- Session 16: Building an Intelligent Lighting Control Network through a Virtualized Infrastructure. This session will be presented by Jesus Teijeiro on February 27 from 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm CET.
- Class 12 : Ultra-low Power System Design Workshop Performance and Power Consumption Tradeoffs in Modern MCU Architectures. This class will be presented by Paal Kastnes on February 27 from 10:50 am – 11:50 am CET
- Session 26: Automotive Applications / Meeting the Environmental Challenges for Automotive Touchscreen Applications. This session will be presented by Stephan Thaler from 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm CET on February 28.
At the Electronics Display Conference, held on
Convention Center, Atmel will present:
- Session 1 on Touchscreens: Advantages of Flexible Sensors. This session will be presented by Mariel van Tatenhove from 2:20 pm - 2:40 pm CET on February 27.
Atmel at EW Nuremberg 2013:
Atmel YouTube Channel:
Atmel Corporation (NASDAQ: ATML) is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of microcontrollers, capacitive touch solutions, advanced logic, mixed-signal, nonvolatile memory and radio frequency (RF) components. Leveraging one of the industry's broadest intellectual property (IP) technology portfolios, Atmel is able to provide the electronics industry with complete system solutions focused on industrial, consumer, communications, computing and automotive markets.
© 2013 Atmel Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Atmel®, Atmel logo and combinations thereof, AVR®, maXTouch®, and others are registered trademarks or trademarks of Atmel Corporation or its subsidiaries. ARM
are registered trademarks or trademarks of ARM Ltd. Other terms and product names may be trademarks of others.
Agnes Toan, PR ManagerTel: (+1) 408-487-2963, Email:
SOURCE Atmel Corporation