Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (Nasdaq: CLNE) today released the third edition of “The Road to Natural Gas,” an update of its growing portfolio of customers making the switch to natural gas as a transportation fuel or expansion of their current fleets. This edition includes new agreements signed with additional fueling partners as potential locations for new Clean Energy stations along the expanding America’s Natural Gas Highway®.
“This year is already shaping up to surpass 2012 in the drive towards natural gas,” said Andrew J. Littlefair, Clean Energy’s CEO and president. “After taking the ‘chicken versus egg’ issue off the table as we completed the first 70 stations of America’s Natural Gas Highway, and with gasoline and diesel prices at near historic high levels, we are seeing significant interest and movement by the long-haul trucking industry to make the switch to natural gas. I’m also pleased by Clean Energy’s growth in our core businesses of refuse, transit and airports with a total of 127 new station projects completed in 2012, an 87% increase in overall station construction over 2011.”
The third edition of “The Road to Natural Gas” (attached below) contains a listing of natural gas fuel agreements signed or executed since the second edition was released on November 1, 2012.
With the current national average price of $4.14 a gallon for diesel and $3.74 for gasoline (02/18/13), both fuels are significantly more expensive than natural gas at the pump, up to $1.50 depending on local market conditions. The use of natural gas fuel not only reduces operating costs for vehicles, it also reduces greenhouse gas emissions up to 30% in light-duty vehicles and 23% in medium to heavy-duty vehicles. The U.S. Department of Energy reports that 98% of the natural gas consumed in the U.S. is sourced in the U.S. and Canada, making natural gas a secure North American energy choice.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV