Huntington Bank (NASDAQ: HBAN; huntington.com) has teamed up with Michigan State University Athletics to offer a Spartans branded debit card, a new way for Spartan fans to show their loyalty. Michigan State University fans in Huntington Bank communities throughout Michigan and beyond can sign up for a Huntington Bank checking account with a Spartans debit card as existing or new customers, at www.huntington.com/spartansbanking or at any branch location – including Huntington’s in-store branches in Michigan Meijer stores.
“Huntington wanted to give our many customers who are loyal Michigan State University fans the opportunity to show Spartan pride in their day-to-day financial transactions,” said John Irwin, Huntington West Michigan region president. “We expect the Spartans debit card to become a popular choice among our State of Michigan customers and with Michigan State students, alumni and fans throughout our markets.”
The Spartans debit card bears Michigan State University’s Spartan helmet graphic and the Michigan State University athletics wordmark. The debit card can be linked to any of Huntington’s consumer checking accounts including the popular Asterisk-Free Checking®, a checking account without a monthly checking maintenance fee that offers 24-Hour Grace® to help customers avoid overdraft fees. The Spartans debit card launches as Huntington expands into the Lansing area via partnership with Meijer, creating eight in-store branches serving greater Lansing by the end of 2013.
“We are excited to have Huntington Bank as our official banking partner,” said Spartan Athletics Director Mark Hollis. “Huntington Bank is a great partner to Michigan State University Athletics, and we appreciate the extension of Spartan pride to their checking customers.” The Michigan State University Athletics Department and Huntington in 2012 entered into a 10-year athletic sponsorship agreement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV