MAHWAH, New Jersey, February 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Radware ® (NASDAQ: RDWR), a leading provider of application delivery and application security solutions for virtual and cloud data centers, today announced the release of a new solution designed to address mobile carriers and cloud providers' current and next-generation requirements by offering a unique Application Provider Edge (Application-PE) and Attack Mitigation System (AMS).
During Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, Spain, February 25-28, 2013, Radware will unveil Application-PE which provides an application-level demarcation point in the mobile control and data plane frameworks and offered on Radware's new carrier grade, high capacity application delivery cloud platform, the Alteon ® 6420.
Designed to meet the challenges that carriers and mobile service/cloud providers face with massive growth of Internet, over-the-top (OTT) video and mobile data traffic, together with the increasing adoption of long term evolution (LTE), Radware's new solution offers intelligent control over mobile data and applications enhancing service optimization and customers' QoE, while supporting integration with various mobile ecosystems including network virtualization and cloud-based architectures such as Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and Software Defined Networking (SDN).The new Alteon 6420 serves as an Application Provider Edge (Application-PE) to provide an application level demarcation point in the mobile control and data plane frameworks. It provides transparent traffic steering and control for mobile web and applications based on payload, headers, AAA and other policy enforcement interfaces (e.g, Gx) including header modification capabilities to support various mobile use cases. Additional new capabilities include optimized data delivery over radio access networks (RAN) and monitoring/presaging tools such as application performance monitoring (APM). "When determining the right solution for a mobile network, carriers not only look for reliability but truly demand a scalable, cost-effective, and secure solution that is able to keep up with their capacity growth," says David Aviv, vice president of advanced services, Radware. "We strongly feel our new network cloud platform offers the perfect balance to their needs while moving into cloud based ecosystems," added Aviv. Highlights of the new solution include:
- Network Cloud Platform - 80Gbps virtual platform which allows multi-ADC tenants (up to 28/96) for flexible configurations based on any logical partition with built-in 4x40GE ports for high mobile traffic loads. Utilizing Radware's vDirect ® automation and control API's, automated control over the Alteon 6420 platform virtual resources can be granted and synchronized with upcoming new cloud based architectures (NFV) aligning ADC and security resources with virtual compute and network environments.
- Application delivery control utilizing high-speed Layer 4-7 Proxy technology empowered with a policy rule engine for intelligent and optimized mobile data delivery - enables flexible decisions, user and policy awareness, and header modifications controlled by AppShape™++ scripting interface for highly customized use-cases. Demonstrable performance superiority in all layer 4-7 metrics including support for SSL 2K keys.
- Mobile Web/Applications Optimization for improved customers' QoE and optimized delivery over RAN- including transport layer (TCP) optimization (congestion based) adapted to the mobile RAN conditions and new tools for application performance monitoring (APM) for complete visibility enabling proactive decision making.
- Comprehensive attack mitigation and deep flow inspection (DFI) - with up to 40Gbps of security inspection, 25M PPS DDoS mitigation, and anomaly/real-time signature generation to ensure complete mobile security at the network perimeter, service perimeter by mitigating network DDoS, DNS, IMS, and Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) attacks. These capabilities are utilized to provide improved visibility for mobile traffic (DFI) with exporting interface towards policy engines (PCRF).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts