- Alliance adds the Middle East's largest operator, Etisalat, to its growing global footprint
- Live demonstrations of global connectivity solutions on connected tablets at Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona
TORONTO, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - The alliance announced today at Mobile World Congress 2013 a new member, Etisalat, and demonstration of the technical capability of the alliance to enable a single worldwide SIM card via a web-based platform.
Comprised of seven leading mobile operators - KPN, NTT DOCOMO, Rogers Communications, SingTel, Telefonica, Telstra, VimpelCom and now Etisalat - the alliance announced last year its intent to bring technology to market that would simplify the process of global M2M deployments. As the largest mobile operator coalition in the world, the alliance aims to eliminate complexity for multinational companies associated with worldwide deployments of connected devices.
Multinational corporations planning to roll out connected devices worldwide face a multitude of hurdles, including mobile operators with limited local coverage, fragmented network landscapes and multiple connected device platforms. The alliance aims to build the technical capability to simplify multi-network M2M solutions for multinational customers in the retail, healthcare, consumer electronics, transportation and automobiles and energy sectors and on a worldwide scale.All members of the alliance offer the leading M2M platform for enterprises, Jasper Wireless' Control Center, as part of this solution, which is connected with the subscription management platform from Giesecke & Devrient enabling the secure subscription swap functionality. The alliance is also open to prospective members who do not have a partnership with Jasper Wireless. Throughout Mobile World Congress 2013, alliance members will be conducting live demonstrations showing the SIM management capabilities and Over-the-Air (OTA) subscription updates on connected tablets simulating the real consumer experience. This intelligent technical functionality, coupled with the secure wireless subscription management platform SmartTrust® AirOn™ from Giesecke & Devrient, is a powerful capability highly sought after by mass-manufacturers of connected devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV