HMN Financial Stock Upgraded (HMNF)
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 112.01% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 167.72% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HMNF should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- HMN FINANCIAL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, HMN FINANCIAL INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.85 versus -$3.46 in the prior year.
- The gross profit margin for HMN FINANCIAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.90%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 15.77% trails the industry average.
- HMNF, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 6.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 15.9%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.