InterDigital, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDCC), a wireless research and development company, and SemperCon, an application development company, today announced the launch of CirrusCon, a new cloud-based application developer platform that enables mobile and over-the-top application developers to add bandwidth and connectivity management to their applications. The API platform will be featured by the companies at the upcoming Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, February 25-28.
SemperCon’s new mobile development platform offers a cloud-based API platform that makes it easy for developers to address the most pressing technical hurdles challenging the launch of successful mobile applications while enhancing their applications with new features aimed at creating new revenue streams. The CirrusCon platform, which features InterDigital’s Smart Connectivity & Mobility Service (SCMS), lets mobile application developers quickly build mobile applications with bandwidth management, increased mobile security, robust connections and enhanced analytics. Using the CirrusCon platform, mobile application developers can focus on their core functionality and the unique differentiators of their applications while leaving difficult bandwidth, connection and security issues to be handled by the platform.
“One of the challenges in mobile application development is that the application does not control the underlying connectivity. CirrusCon enables developers to build in connectivity control features, such as aggregating various connectivity channels to handle bursts in data need, offloading non-essential data to public or WiFi networks, or segmenting data streams based on application features,” said Allen Proithis, Executive Vice President, InterDigital Solutions.
The CirrusCon platform has already enabled some beta customers to bring their applications to the next level:
- Basecamp Business’ Business Calendar Network application for iOS and Android provides a calendar of business events as well as offering direct ties to event networking capabilities such as Linkedin, Twitter and Facebook. Mel Baiada, Basecamp’s President and CEO, says: “Our BCN application will benefit from the use of CirrusCon’s API platform to ensure solid wireless connections in bad indoor environments, and also its local network identification feature which eliminates the need for trying to reconfirm location information.”
- Bleacher League Entertainment’s Bleacher League Baseball application is a real-time, baseball application allows users to predict what a batter will do at the plate. Good network connectivity in crowded sports arena environments is critical to its success. “With CirrusCon’s SCMS, we will be able to work with arena managers to ensure solid connections and help manage connectivity in large, very congested settings,” says John Root, CEO Bleacher League Entertainment.
- Wingman is currently running controlled beta tests of their Wingman: Patron drink ordering application at bars in the Pittsburgh PA area. Wingman President Lionel Levine, says “During early testing we ran into issues related to poor indoor 3G/4G data reception and in getting accurate GPS/location signals. The CirrusCon SCMS will help address both those problems by ensuring strong local data reception and confirming that users are definitely at the bar.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts