Also on display at Rovi's stand (#7182 in hall seven of the Fira Gran Via) during the show will be:
- A beta version of its new DivX Stash service, launched this week to the general public: DivX Stash enables users to personalize their online video experience while simplifying the process of collecting, organizing and enjoying videos from around the web on mobile devices (iOS and Android tablets and smartphones) and computers (Safari, Chrome and Firefox).
- The expansion of Rovi Advertising Service with in-app advertising within third-party and Rovi applications running across a range of platforms including Smart TV, iOS, Android, and Nexus: Rovi in-app program promotes the integration of advanced display and video advertising in mobile phone, tablet and connected TV apps.
- Rovi data and guidance technologies optimized for mobile and tablet applications: The depth and breadth of Rovi entertainment data enables manufacturers and service providers to enhance their consumer interface and applications with quality images and entertainment information that greatly impact the user experience and simplify the discovery of content.
- Advanced search and recommendations technologies built to deliver personalization through weighted search and user context. Rovi search and recommendations technologies combine powerful search algorithms, along with Rovi entertainment data and media analysis, to provide relevant results and recommendations that provide a personalized experience to consumers.
Rovi's other announcements at the show include the release of recent survey results on streaming video consumption on mobile and tablet devices in Europe, U.K. and U.S., in addition to the second edition of the Rovi Insight Series at Mobile World Congress now available at www.rovicorp.com/insights .
About Rovi Corporation
Rovi powers the discovery, delivery, display and monetization of digital entertainment. With innovative technology solutions for consumer electronics manufacturers, service providers, content producers, advertisers, retailers and websites, Rovi connects people and the entertainment they love. The company holds over 5,000 issued or pending patents worldwide and is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. More information about Rovi can be found at rovicorp.com.The Rovi Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=6482 Forward Looking Statements All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words "will" or "is expected to," or similar words that describe the Company's or its management's future plans, objectives, or goals, are "forward-looking statements" and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of the Company to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in the Company's most recent report on Form 10-K for the period ended December 31, 2012 and such other documents as are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time (available at www.sec.gov). The Company assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law.
CONTACT: Chris Taylor Rovi Corporation 408-562-3077 Chris.D.Taylor@rovicorp.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV