BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile World Congress -- Wireless power received two major upgrades today, making it both smarter and more powerful in ways previously unknown.
Wireless Data 'Mesh Network' Adds 'Brain' to Wireless Power Delivering on the promise to make wireless power a 'smart' technology, Duracell Powermat has demonstrated wireless power surfaces that operate as a 'mesh network' – allowing 'Wireless Charging Spots' across the globe to be centrality monitored and managed.
This new network topography is ideal for use in public places such coffee shops, airports and arenas, enabling venues to monitor, upgrade and set policies for each Wireless Charging Spot from a centralized cloud-based system. "Ultimately it allows each venue to send and receive updates and instructions to each Charging Spot in real-time," said Daniel Schreiber, President of Powermat Technologies, the makers of the wireless charging technology that is the basis of all Duracell Powermat products. "This changes wireless power in public places from disjointed, standalone surfaces into a smart global network."This transformation of an analogue consumer product into a digital enterprise platform allows for new consumer use-case scenarios and business models, including:
- Apps that find the nearest available wireless charging spot wherever you are.
- Venues can control who can use their wireless power, for how long and on what terms.
- Enterprises with thousands of locations, and hundreds of thousands of wireless charging spots can monitor usage patterns, assess the health of their wireless power network and administer support and upgrades remotely.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts