Aptilo And Stoke Collaborate In Seamless Wi-Fi Access For Mobile Broadband Carriers
MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS, BARCELONA, February 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Streamlining integration between mobile broadband and Wi-Fi networks, Aptilo Networks and Stoke have partnered to deliver an end-to-end solution allowing cellular operators to provide a carrier-class Wi-Fi interworking service for subscribers. Using the new solution that integrates the industry-leading routing and identification capabilities of the Stoke Wi-Fi eXchange™ together with Aptilo's award-winning Wi-Fi Offload solution, operators are able to deploy a turnkey, carrier-class Wi-Fi access system with minimal disruption.
"Wi-Fi offload can be a powerful revenue-generator, and can drive customer loyalty by delivering a seamless, automatic Wi-Fi experience for end-users. Aptilo and Stoke together provide an innovative way to overcome the barriers facing mobile operators wishing to include Wi-Fi in their service strategies," said Torbjorn Ward, CEO, Aptilo Networks.The Aptilo-Stoke Solution Mobile operators seeking to offer Wi-Fi options to their subscribers need to ensure that their customers' mobile experience is as effortless as possible, while opening the service to the broadest range of devices and offering many different ways to access the Wi-Fi network. Issues of user identification and authorization and the myriad access mechanisms in Wi-Fi need to be implemented with the minimum of complexity in the operator core, and offer a uniform user experience regardless of device type or access method.
- The Aptilo Service Management Platform (SMP), through Web portal or automatic SIM- based authentication, can identify a subscriber and assign traffic policies according to highly specific customer or network attributes. The Aptilo SMP can also mediate charging functions for these subscribers so that the user experience and billing are similar to that of the cellular network.
- The Stoke Wi-Fi eXchange can link tens of thousands of Wi-Fi access points from different manufacturers to the operator core network, and can identify traffic at a high level of granularity to allow selective routing of user session traffic. This level of control enables operators to deliver different service classes, provide mobile network services to Wi-Fi users, and balance core network element and Internet backhaul resources.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV