Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (Nasdaq: VTSS), a leading provider of advanced IC solutions for Carrier and Enterprise networks, and Fibrolan, a leading developer of integrated mobile backhaul solutions and Carrier Ethernet systems, announced a technology demonstration for low power, wirespeed performance in 4G/LTE mobile backhaul networks. Vitesse and Fibrolan will feature the Falcon series products small cell backhaul demonstration at Mobile World Congress, February 25-28, 2013 in Barcelona, Spain. Fibrolan is located in Hall 5, Stand 5i94.
Fibrolan’s µFalcon-S, Falcon-M and Falcon-X platforms deliver a low power, highly accurate IEEE1588 ( 1588) timing and synchronization solution for small cells, critical for backhauling LTE/LTE-Advanced ( LTE- A) traffic. Powered by Vitesse’s Carrier Ethernet Switch engines with VeriTime™ and CEServices™ software stack, the Falcon was recently certified by the Metro Ethernet Forum ( MEF) as Carrier Ethernet 2.0 ( CE 2.0) compliant. The Fibrolan platform delivers the most comprehensive solution for small cells backhaul including:
- Wirespeed performance up to 128Gbps bandwidth, including 10G links;
- High accuracy 1588 implementation, including Transparent Clock;
- High availability;
- OTT content and application aware optimization and caching;
- Advanced and flexible QoS and SLA management;
- Real time measurement and monitoring;
- MPLS/MPLS-TP support; and
- Low power, including ability to do Power over Ethernet ( PoE).
“Carrier-grade performance at low power is a must for 4G LTE backhaul solutions, particularly for small cells,” said Shamir Stein, CEO of Fibrolan. “Vitesse’s Carrier Ethernet Chipset and CEServices software were the clear choice as the platform for Fibrolan’s second generation Falcon series, as they delivered an industry-leading timing solution, required in mobile networks, with a quick path to CE 2.0 certification of our equipment.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts