Being production ready means TI undertook exhaustive testing of the software with a variety of commercial UEs, further reducing OEM developmental risk. While this software package is designed for small cells, it is scalable and can be retargeted for macro base station designs.
TI's transport software package is ideal for wireless and network-oriented applications, including base stations and edge network routing and switching. Developers of network-oriented applications can integrate their own transport stack to TI's transport library, completing the development process. Integrated in TI's multicore software development kit (MCSDK), the transport software package leverages flow-through fast-path acceleration in KeyStone for the data plane and control plane processing.
The PHY software package is also built on the MCSDK. TI's MCSDK provides developers with a well-integrated software development platform encompassing efficient multicore communication layers for intercore and interchip communication, validated and optimized drivers integrated with SYS/BIOS, TI's real time operating system (RTOS), and Linux support with relevant demonstration examples.
Availability TI's Base Station SoftwarePac for small cells will be available in the first half of 2013, while the transport software package is available now with the latest version of the MCSDK. For more information please visit www.ti.com/multicore.Visit TI @ Mobile World Congress 2013If you're interested in meeting with TI's communications infrastructure team, please contact Sameer Wasson at email@example.com. Do MORE with MULTICORE:
- Learn more about TI's small cell solutions: TMS320TCI6612, TMS320TCI6614 and TMS320TCI6636
- Read TI's newest white paper on how to accelerate multicore development
- Learn more about TI multicore
- Engage with engineers and TI experts on the TI E2ETM Community and Multicore Mix blog
- Watch TI's Ask The Expert video series
- Follow TI on Twitter and become a fan of TI on Facebook
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts