Aricent Enhances Its LTE Portfolio By Adding End-to-End VoLTE Capabilities
EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J. and BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS -- The Aricent Group, a global innovation and technology services company, today announced the addition of end-to-end VoLTE capabilities to its comprehensive LTE offering comprising of IMS Client Application, eNodeB, EPC, and IMS Servers. With more than 50 business engagements in the LTE domain worldwide, Aricent is a leading supplier of LTE software solutions to major telecom equipment manufacturers. Aricent's LTE software runs on many commercially deployed solutions across the globe.
According to a 2012 report published by ARCchart, the VoLTE market is expected to grow to 74 million users by 2016, reaching USD$2 billion in revenues worldwide. There are various options available for carrying voice-over-LTE and it has implications in terms of voice quality; seamless connectivity when moving from LTE to non-LTE networks and vice-versa; roaming; and battery life. Aricent's VoLTE solution is highly compatible with leading devices and platforms, and provides high-definition voice quality and seamless connectivity.
"Aricent is continually evolving its offerings to meet customer demands through investments in partnerships and technologies," said Pratyush Dasgupta, vice president and head of wireless practice at Aricent. "VoLTE is highly critical in realizing the true potential of LTE and we are pleased to launch a complete one-stop solution. In addition to VoLTE, we have also made considerable investments in technologies such as SON, RRM, and LTE-A."
Implementation of VoLTE has implications for network equipment across the board. Aricent's VoLTE solution encompasses IMS Client, eNodeB, EPC and IMS Server in the following ways:
- Compatibility with multiple LTE devices and call quality is critical to achieve high market penetration. Aricent's VoLTE Client is available on leading Android smartphones and is compliant with the GSMA IR92 standard. The Client is based on Aricent's existing robust and highly interoperable IMS Client which is available on multiple platforms and devices including iOS, Android, Windows XP, and MAC. The IMS Client controls LTE signaling for optimal QoS usage to ensure quality for both voice and video calls. Aricent's VoLTE Client also supports RCS applications for rich service experience.
- Aricent's eNodeb software supports audio specific QoS on both TDD and FDD modes, necessary for carrying enhanced high-definition audio and video quality on LTE networks. The software is a robust framework for developing a complete eNodeB including value-added applications for RRM, SON, call and session management and management plane.
- The EPC software is configured to support various QoS profiles and classes as defined in IR92 not only for the data traffic but also for different kinds of audio and video calls by interfacing with the IMS network. It allows voice calls to seamlessly continue over high speed vehicles by handovers across multiple eNodeBs with required speeds. Aricent's EPC Lite is a collapsed EPC software framework, comprising of PGW, SGW, MME, HSS and PCRF components, and is tailor made for small- and mid-subscriber niche markets such as rural and public safety.
- Aricent's IMS Lite, currently under development, is a collapsed IMS core hosting P-CSCF/ I-CSCF/ S-CSCF functions and is tailor made for small- and mid-subscriber markets. It uses a common subscriber repository shared with EPC Lite to support IMS sessions and is also able to interface with PCRF for providing required QoS using the pre-conditions generated by IMS Clients for VoLTE calls.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV