“Machine-to-machine communications is a rapidly growing segment with highly specialized, complex requirements that can vary widely with end application,” said Laurence Bryant, Director of Mobile Solutions, ARM. “Sierra Wireless brings a fresh approach to enable the customization needed in a diverse market by providing an open development environment based on a dedicated Cortex-M0 processor.”
The 3G/4G LTE versions of the new AirPrime modules will utilize Qualcomm Technologies’ Gobi 9x15 chipset, which is a multi-mode modem solution that integrates all the modes of 3G and 4G LTE. With a dedicated ARM Cortex A5 processor with Linux support, these integrated chipsets from Qualcomm Technologies can also host the most robust customer M2M applications.
“Qualcomm’s technology innovations power the connected world of today, from smartphones, laptops and tablets, to a range of other devices that make up the rapidly expanding Internet of Everything,” said Nakul Duggal, Vice President, New Markets, Qualcomm Technologies. “We are pleased to collaborate with Sierra Wireless to offer solutions to M2M customers that utilize the various capabilities of our chipsets, from the 3G and 4G connectivity that today’s applications require, to the integrated, dedicated application processors that can simplify wireless integration, reduce system cost and speed time to market.”
Secure cloud servicesSeamless integration with the AirVantage® M2M Cloud further reduces the effort and cost to develop, deploy, and operate new M2M solutions. AirVantage offers a secure, scalable device-to-cloud infrastructure and state-of-the-art, globally distributed data centers, and is available in two components:
- AirVantage Enterprise Platform can be used to collect, transmit, and store machine data, and process and schedule events, from any number of devices, across any network operator around the world. Solution developers can use AirVantage Enterprise Platform APIs, based on the latest cloud API standards, to quickly integrate that machine data with their own enterprise applications and back-end systems.
- AirVantage Management Service can be used to centrally deploy and monitor AirPrime embedded modules, including configuring device settings, delivering firmware and embedded application updates, and administering airtime subscriptions across global networks; making managing a million wireless devices as easy as managing ten.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts