Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW), the global leader in machine-to-machine (M2M) and connected device solutions, today introduced the industry’s most advanced architecture for embedded wireless communications, designed to vastly simplify and accelerate the development and deployment of M2M solutions. The architecture will be available across 2G to 4G technologies in the next generation of AirPrime™ embedded wireless modules, which are the world’s first to be equipped with:
- Powerful multicore processor with dedicated application core and integrated M2M functionality that simplifies system design, lowers total system cost, and dramatically reduces power consumption
- Built-in connectivity to secure cloud services, providing simple integration of machine data with enterprise applications and convenient remote management that scales easily to millions of devices
- Open application framework with ready-to-use building blocks, including a substantial set of M2M libraries and development tools that save time for embedded software developers and help them get their products to market more quickly
This entire M2M ecosystem on a module is a major step forward in simplifying the integration of embedded wireless communications; thereby enabling developers to spend more time on developing their core application and business model, and spend less time on the challenges of integrating wireless communications, significantly speeding time to market.
“While we are seeing rapid growth in the number and types of devices that include integrated wireless connections, the complexity of building and deploying those devices and their related applications remains a key issue for M2M developers,” said Didier Dutronc, Senior Vice President, M2M Embedded Solutions for Sierra Wireless. “Leveraging processing capabilities and dedicated M2M functionality inside the wireless module, as well as pre-integrated cloud services, provides our customers with a simpler, faster, and more cost-effective way to develop and deploy their M2M solutions.”
Powerful multicore processorThe 2G versions of the next generation AirPrime modules are powered by the world’s first dedicated M2M system-on-a-chip. Built in collaboration with ARM, it integrates a comprehensive set of M2M-specific interfaces with an advanced tri-core architecture that includes a 2G EDGE modem, a dedicated high-speed ARM application processor, and a unique implementation of the ARM Cortex-M0 processor to enable ultra-low power operation.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts