- Successful TD-LTE/LTE-FDD Roaming Trials Completed Between China Mobile and Korea Telecom; China Mobile and Clearwire
- GTI Members to Showcase Global Roaming in Booths at Mobile World Congress
- SoftBank, Bharti Airtel and Others Expected to Begin Roaming Trials Soon
BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Global TD-LTE Initiative (GTI) today provided an update on successful global roaming trials between major wireless operators in the United States, China and South Korea as key developments in the organization's mission to promote a unified TD/FDD-LTE market.
GTI was formed by leading global operators to create value for stakeholders across the TD-LTE ecosystem for early adoption of the technology and convergence of TD-LTE and LTE-FDD. GTI includes more than 50 operators around the world, and dozens of leading technology partners. The operators involved in the new TD-LTE/LTE-FDD roaming trials include: China Mobile (mainland China and Hong Kong), Clearwire (U.S.), SoftBank (Japan), KT (Korea), Bharti Airtel (India) as key operator members of the coalition.
China Mobile recently completed global roaming trials with Korea Telecom and China Mobile Hong Kong, and with Clearwire in both Hong Kong and mainland China. The trials represent a major step forward in establishing a global roaming configuration that creates a unified TD-LTE and LTE-FDD marketplace around the world. In 2013, the GTI expects to conduct further roaming trials involving SoftBank, Bhartil Airtel and others as the technical development of TD-LTE/LTE FDD global roaming approaches critical mass.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts