Mobile World Congress 2013 – Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open, standards-based unified communications and collaboration (UC&C), today announced the worldwide availability of Polycom® RealPresence® Mobile 2.2, a software update for the award-winning app that lets customers securely extend video collaboration beyond the conference room to tablets and smartphones. The upgrade includes Polycom® SmartPairing™ technology, content sharing, and SVC support for Android devices, as well as new support for the Apple iPad mini and Apple iPhone 5.
Polycom RealPresence Mobile 2.2 provides a simple and intuitive video collaboration experience when users are on-the-go, traveling or working remotely. The upgrades for the software include:
- Polycom SmartPairing™ technology with unique ability to control Polycom room systems now supports Android tablets – first announced in October 2012 for Apple tablets running iOS, Polycom SmartPairing technology is a unique innovation from Polycom that wirelessly pairs tablets to Polycom’s video conferencing systems. Users can control video meeting functions such as volume, mute and start/stop with their tablets, and they can walk into a conference room while on a live mobile video call and transfer that call from tablet to big screen with the swipe of a finger.
- Radically lower TCO with 3X HD video capacity – Polycom RealPresence Mobile, powered by the Polycom® RealPresence® Platform – the most interoperable and comprehensive software infrastructure for universal video collaboration – supports open standards-based Scalable Video Coding (SVC) technology, which delivers 3X the previous capacity for HD multipoint video calls for greater scalability, dramatically lower TCO, superior performance, and backwards- and forwards-compatibility to protect customer investments (see the related press release). SVC support delivers affordable scalability for businesses expanding their video networks to include more devices such as tablets and smartphones.
- Content sharing from a tablet during a video conference – Tablet users can send content to all other video meeting participants, regardless of whether the other users join from a group video conferencing system or mobile device.
Polycom offers support across more than a dozen devices including tablets and smartphones from Apple, Motorola, Samsung, and HTC, among others. Polycom helps companies embrace the BYOD trend so that employees can experience high-quality mobile video collaboration solutions on their device of choice from anywhere without sacrificing quality, security, or reliability.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts