Derek Chang, who has made his mark in the satellite and cable television industry as a leading strategy and development executive, has been named managing director of Asia Pacific operations for Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. (NYSE: SNI).
Chang will be responsible for designing and executing growth strategies in the Asia Pacific region for Food Network and Travel Channel, both of which are available to viewers in selected Asian markets. Chang’s focus will be on leveraging Scripps brands across all distribution platforms in the region as well as managing regional programming and marketing strategies.
Chang will report to Jim Samples, president of international for Scripps Networks Interactive. He will start in April and be based in Singapore.
“Scripps Networks Interactive has ambitious goals to significantly broaden its presence in Asia, including wider distribution of our lifestyle brands and programming capabilities,” Samples said. “Derek Chang’s expertise and reputation as one of the multi-video industry’s leading strategy and development executives, combined with the strength of the Scripps lifestyle brands, give our company tremendous credibility with distributors and potential business partners throughout the region.”Chang comes to Scripps Networks Interactive from DIRECTV where he had responsibility for all content acquisition, original production and programming operations. In addition, he managed DIRECTV’s regional sports networks (Root Sports) and its advertising sales business. As part of his responsibilities at DIRECTV, he managed the acquisition of networks from Asia and Latin America for DIRECTV's international programming packages. Chang also oversaw DIRECTV’s investments in networks including GSN, Chiller, Tennis Channel, MLB Network and NHL Network.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV