DISH is hopping into Sunday’s Daytona 500 race through its sponsorship of the Leavine Family Racing’s No. 95 DISH Ford Fusion to be piloted by up-and-coming driver Scott Speed. Other than the Hopper logo, the car will be virtually ad-free, meaning consumers will see the DISH brand on FOX in spite of the network’s ongoing refusal to air ads for DISH’s consumer-friendly Hopper™ Whole-Home HD DVR.
“The world of technology moves fast, but FOX keeps trying to wave a yellow flag and put consumers under caution, attempting to slow their access to the best in TV entertainment,” said DISH President and CEO Joe Clayton. “The Hopper is in the pole position as the fastest in the consumer technology race. We are giving consumers what they want, when they want and where they want it. FOX is trying to hold up traffic. You can’t stop the future.”
As the Hopper, which was named a “Best of Show” among more than 20,000 products featured at the 2013 International CES, prepares to take to the speedway, FOX has made yet another attempt to slow down consumers’ viewing experiences and ability to watch content in a manner that meets their preferences.
Late Thursday night, FOX Broadcasting’s lawyers launched another attempt to block DISH from offering certain consumer-friendly features on the Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR, after months of unsuccessful attempts to thwart Hopper’s AutoHop and PrimeTime Anytime features.“Everybody skips commercials, and if FOX, CBS, ABC and NBC think that’s illegal, well I guess that makes us a nation of outlaws,” continued Clayton. “We might as well make the No. 95 car the DISH fans’ getaway car in what is sure to be an exciting race on Sunday!”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV