The Law Offices of Todd M. Garber announces that a class action lawsuit has been filed in the United States District Court for the Central District of California on behalf of a class (the “Class”) comprising all purchasers of the securities of Yum! Brands, Inc. (“Yum” or the “Company”) (NYSE:YUM) between October 9, 2012 and January 7, 2013, inclusive (the “Class Period”). YUM, together with its subsidiaries, operates quick service restaurants in the United States and internationally under the KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell brands.
On November 23, 2012 reports in the Chinese media disclosed that certain of the Company’s chicken suppliers had been feeding toxic chemicals to chickens sold to KFC China. On December 20 and 21, 2012 news outlets reported that the Company knew well before October 2012, but sought to conceal, that certain chicken suppliers in China had injected chickens with excessive antibiotics and other illegal chemicals.
The Complaint alleges that throughout the Class Period the defendants misrepresented and/or failed to disclose that: (1) slowing economic trends in China were stronger than reported and could not support forecasted sales results for Yum’s China Division or the Company’s increased earnings-per-share growth; (2) defendants knew but concealed that the Company’s own food safety inspections had already discovered high levels of antibiotics and other illegal drugs and/or chemicals in chickens purchased from a Chinese supplier -- Shandong Liuhe Group; and (3) Yum had continued to buy products from Shandong Liuhe Group until as late as August 2012.
On January 7, 2013, in a filing with the SEC, the Company lowered its China Division’s full-year 2012 guidance for same-store sales, due to publicity surrounding the Chinese government’s review of Yum’s poultry supply. As a result of these disclosures, on January 8, 2013 Yum shares dropped 5%, from $67.89 per share to as low as $64.40 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV