Building to Provide Customer ValueA combined SAP and SmartOps holds the potential of offering great value to SAP customers. For example:
- SmartOps' existing Inventory Optimization Suite will complement and expand sales and operations planning solutions based on SAP HANA, enabling a "real-time supply chain" solution to be built on SAP HANA. It also adds to the SAP portfolio of multi-stage inventory optimization solutions that global businesses need today.
- SmartOps' new Enterprise Demand Sensing cloud-based analytics solution will enhance SAP Demand Signal Management, enabling customers to predictively and accurately manage their supply chain based on real-time demand and changing customer needs.
- The two companies intend to provide current customers the same, or increased, levels of support without disruption to their existing systems.
Founded in 2000, SmartOps released its first product in 2001. The company has had a formal business relationship with SAP since 2006 and for the last four years has been a part of the program for solution extensions at SAP. SmartOps' customers include major brands in the manufacturing, distribution, chemical, life sciences, retail, high-tech and consumer product industries.
Analysts note the market for supply chain software is large and diverse in offerings and growing. They predict a yearly growth of 7.7 percent, to exceed US$9 billion by the end of 2013. The dynamics of the market also are shifting. Companies around the world face issues such as volatile markets and increasing logistics complexity. Their sales and operations plans, which consider immediate revenue and profitability, demand the highest levels of customer satisfaction and the lowest possible inventory levels. Winning in this environment requires an excellent understanding of product demand and the most efficient supply network.
"We are at a turning point in the global market for supply and demand technology," said Abdul Razack, senior vice president and head of Customer Engagement and Strategic Projects, SAP. "With the addition of SmartOps, SAP will be able to dramatically accelerate and improve the performance of real-time world-class supply chain management solutions that give customers the decisive competitive edge to succeed and grow their business.""Joining SAP is both a strategic and exciting move for us," said Martin Barkman, president and CEO, SmartOps. "Having already embraced the need for both on-premise and cloud-based solutions, the prospect of developing these on SAP HANA will propel us to new heights in technology innovation." As part of the acquisition, SmartOps employees will join SAP. The transaction is expected to close during the first quarter of 2013, subject to customary closing conditions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV