THOUSAND OAKS, Calif., Feb. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN) notes that an analysis by the Congressional Budget Office released this week shows that, contrary to the implications of past media reports, keeping oral-only drugs in Medicare Part D would actually achieve significant savings over time for both taxpayers and the Medicare program.
As noted by the Government Accountability Office (GAO), it is important that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) take the time needed to develop quality metrics and further develop their data systems, both of which are essential to providing quality care for an elderly and chronically ill patient population.
Amgen will continue to advocate for sound federal policies that enhance access to care for these patients.
For more background, please visit Our Perspectives on www.amgen.com.CONTACT: Amgen, Thousand Oaks Ashleigh Koss, 805-313-6151 (media) Arvind Sood, 805-447-1060 (investors) (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20081015/AMGENLOGO) SOURCE Amgen
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV