No wonder the smart folks at LINE want to own this company, although BRY has had a fairly hefty debt load that, as of the previous quarter, was $1.61 billion. Hopefully the upcoming earnings results will discuss this aspect of BRY's balance sheet.
LINE's price chart and quarterly per share revenue over the past five years lines up a little less symmetrically than BRY's. That doesn't necessarily bother this analyst because as of the last reportable quarter LINE's year-over-year quarterly revenue had increased by nearly 56%!
All that being said, I have a confession to make and it shouldn't surprise most readers. On Friday afternoon I sold my shares of LINE for a nifty profit. Then I immediately entered a good-until-cancelled order to buy them back plus a few extra if the share price drops below $36.This is my version of "sell the news and buy the rumor" or "sell the news and buy the impending lawsuits." I obviously like LINE and its super-generous dividend policies (current yield-to-price of 7.53%), and I like LNCO as well. Yet, I agree with Jim Cramer, who wrote in his "Real Money" editorial on the current levels of the stock market averages, that the "'buy on pullbacks' call that so many made was, and is, again met by 'we need a bigger pullback.' I like that, too." If you want to own some or more shares of LINE and LNCO you may want to look for a "bigger pullback" that just may bring the shares prices down to a more reasonable buying level. At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @m8a2r1 This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Make smarter trading decisions and provide investment ideas that could help make you richer. Bryan Ashenberg does the dirty work so you don't have to!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV