According to an Associated Press report, "The ratings service said its revised outlook for Linn reflects the benefit of the addition of Berry's size, scale and low-decline, liquids-focused assets. But it added that Linn's aggressive pace of acquisitions boosts the risks related to the company."
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real money portfolio for his charitable trust -- enjoy advance notice of every trade, full access to the portfolio, and deep coverage of the latest economic events and market movements.
Now the 2.42-billion-dollar question is how the shareholders of LINE and BRY will react to all these developments. A press release Friday stated that a Wayne, Pa., law firm is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of Berry Petroleum. The press release states the investigation concerns "...possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of law related to the company's
The press release doesn't explain where they come up with the figure of $4.3 billion. It concludes by saying, "Our investigation concerns possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of law related to the approval of the transaction by the company's board of directors; in particular, whether the company undertook a fair process to obtain fair consideration for all shareholders of Berry Petroleum."For more information regarding the investigation you can contact Ryan & Maniskas, LLP (Richard A. Maniskas, Esquire) toll-free at (877) 316-3218 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All I know about this firm is Ryan & Maniskas, LLP is a national shareholder litigation firm. Fundamentally, this deal looks very good for the future dividends of LINE and LNCO. If the deal goes through they'll be buying a company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV