University To Connect Resources With Veterans' Families
MIAMI, Fla., Feb. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- St. Thomas University's ( www.stu.edu) Biscayne College will host a panel and workshop, March 22, 2013, offering veterans and their families an opportunity to connect with local resources during a conference: "Listening with Love: The Challenge of Reintegration for Veterans and Their Families."
Throughout the nation , the public has been hearing about the difficulties veterans and families have been experiencing as they adjust to civilian life. Many have been deployed several times; others are having difficulty finding work; and there is a high number of suicides among vets. The challenges are numerous. To that end, faculty experts from Biscayne College's Counseling Graduate Program are reaching out and inviting veterans, reservists, religious leaders, school personnel, national guardsmen, their families, and the professionals who care for them. Expert panelists from St. Thomas include Dr. Judith Bachay (Guidance & Counseling) and Dr. Barbara Buzzi (Marriage & Family Therapy).
Special guest speaker is Dr. Jim Whitworth, Ph.D., retired from the Air Force after 21 years of providing mental health service to military personnel both in the U.S. and in Iraq. Having experienced his own reintegration, he is presently a professor at St. Leo University and maintains a private practice.The event – free of charge – will be held in the Evelyn and George Goldbloom Convocation Hall, 16401 NW 37 Avenue in Miami Gardens, 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. For additional information please contact Cynthia Rose McIntyre, 305.628-6641, CRose-McIntyre@stu.edu, and for other University schools and programs contact Chief Marketing Officer Marivi Prado, email@example.com, 305.474 6880. Media Contact: Marivi PradoChief Marketing Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org; 305.474.6880 SOURCE St. Thomas University
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV