HOUSTON, Feb. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MathAlive!™, a highly interactive traveling exhibition that allows visitors to experience math in action, opens Saturday, Feb. 23, at Space Center Houston. Presented nationally by Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) and locally by the City of Webster, this featured exhibition debuts during National Engineers Week and runs through May 5, 2013.
The 5,000 square-foot exhibition is composed of 40 unique and interactive experiences that take math into the applied worlds of design, engineering, technology and science.
"NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory in Houston, supported by Raytheon, is one example of how today's and tomorrow's engineers and innovators use math and science to provide training and simulation to customers worldwide," said John Harris, president of Raytheon Technical Services Company. "MathAlive! is designed to spark interest and show students that math and science are used in the world all around them, and especially in organizations like NASA."
At MathAlive! visitors can:
- Design and play their own video games.
- Take the controls to master-engineer various aspects of a modern city.
- Race in a Boardercross challenge.
- Compete in a mountain bike race.
- Capture their image in a 360-degree freeze action photo.
- And control a simulated Mars rover.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV