Vasco Data Security
Another stock that's moving within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade is Vasco Data Security (VDSI), which designs, develops, markets and supports open standards-based hardware and software security systems that manage and secure access to information assets. This stock has been in play with the bulls for the last three months, with shares up by 13.4%.
If you look at the chart for Vasco Data Security, you'll notice that this stock has been trending sideways for the last two months and change, with shares moving between $7.36 on the downside and $8.49 on the upside. Shares of VDSI have now started to trend back above both its 50-day at $7.97 a share and its 200-day at $8.11 a share, and its quickly moving within range of triggering a breakout trade above the upper-end of its recent sideways chart pattern.
Traders should now look for long-biased trades in VDSI if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $8.43 to $8.49 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that registers near or above its three-month average volume of 130,574 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then VDSI will set up to re-fill some of its previous gap down zone from last October that started above $9 a share. If that gap gets filled, then VDSI could easily trend up towards $10.40 to $10.96 a share, or possibly even higher.Traders can look to buy VDSI off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below today's low of $7.92 a share or around more support at $7.36 a share. One can also buy off strength once VDSI takes out those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits right below its 200-day moving average of $8.11 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV