BTB Purchases A 50% Participation In A Retail Complex Property
MONTREAL, Feb. 22, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - BTB Real Estate Investment Trust (TSX: BTB.UN) (" BTB") is proud to announce that, after the conclusion of the due diligence process, it has now purchased a 50% participation in a retail complex in Saint-Lazare, Québec, for the purchase price of $2.5 million excluding closing costs. With the conclusion of this acquisition, BTB has now closed approximately $500 million worth of properties representing over 4.3 million square feet of leasable area.
2265, 2665, 2673 and 2681 Côte Saint-Charles, Saint-Lazare, Québec
BTB acquired a 50% participation in this multi-tenant retail complex, built in 2011, that has a total leasable area of 15,186 square feet. Situated at 2265, 2665, 2673 and 2681 Côte Saint-Charles in Saint-Lazare, Québec, BTB acquired its participation for a total purchase price of $2.5 million, including the mortgage financing already in place. The retail complex harbours a Tim Hortons, an A&W, and a convenience store that is part of the Sobeys food chain.
About BTBBTB is a real estate investment trust listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange. BTB is an important owner of properties in eastern Canada. BTB owns 66 commercial, office and industrial properties for a total of more than 4.3 million square feet. BTB's asset value is approximately $500M. The objectives of BTB are: (i) to grow its revenues from its assets to increase distributable income and therefore increase fund distributions; (ii) to maximize the value of its assets through dynamic management of its properties in order to sustain the long-term value of its units; and (iii) to generate cash distributions that are fiscally beneficial to unitholders. BTB offers a distribution reinvestment plan to unitholders whereby the participants may elect to have their monthly cash distribution reinvested in additional units of BTB.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV