Aetna (NYSE: AET) today introduced a new business unit brand called Healthagen that advances its provider collaboration and consumer empowerment strategy. Healthagen is a portfolio of innovative and growing businesses that tackles the fundamental needs of greater value, coordination and transparency in health care.
Healthagen unifies Aetna’s population health management solutions and health information technologies from businesses that include ActiveHealth Management, iTriage and Medicity. Healthagen also develops new businesses to address provider and consumer needs. Accountable Care Solutions (ACS) from Aetna combines Healthagen capabilities to deliver integrated population health management, advanced technology and health plan services.
“Aetna is propelling meaningful change in health care,” said Joseph M. Zubretsky, Aetna senior executive vice president, National Businesses. “We have invested more than $1 billion to acquire and build a comprehensive collection of health management and health IT solutions to empower consumers and enable clinical integration and population health management.”
Business as usual is no longer a viable option for providers, employers and payers that want to raise health care quality while curtailing spiraling costs. Healthagen’s integrated suite of payer-neutral solutions and technologies is designed to improve care quality, control health care costs and enable consumers to better participate in their care.“Healthagen businesses and solutions are enabling a new level of health care connectedness, insight and action,” said Charles E. Saunders, M.D., chief executive officer of Healthagen, a division of Aetna. “Today we are bringing together the capabilities from ActiveHealth, iTriage and Medicity and a growing array of innovative new businesses under the Healthagen brand. Our combined solutions enable providers to deliver the highest quality and highest value care, and support individuals to be more engaged and informed at every point in their health care journey.” Through the combined suite of capabilities, Healthagen serves providers, employers, payers and consumers by:
- Securely connecting and enabling more than 800 hospitals and 250,000 physicians with Medicity technology to exchange and act on health information
- Helping providers better coordinate, track and monitor patient care
- Advancing new models of value-based, accountable care, including 18 accountable care relationships with leading health systems and more than 65 Medicare Provider Collaborations
- Employing care management programs and services so that consumers receive care designed to meet their unique health care needs, including more than 22 million served by ActiveHealth health management services, including disease management, clinical decision support and personal health records
- Giving providers insight and access to the latest medical evidence for their patients’ health care needs
- Giving consumers convenient and simple mobile and online services that help them make informed health care decisions, manage out-of-pocket costs, and access and manage health care, including more than 8 million people worldwide that have downloaded the iTriage app
- Acting as a driver for health care innovation
- March 3, 9:15 – 10:15 a.m.: Transforming Health Care: Advancing Quality , featuring Linda Fischetti, vice president of Care Delivery, Accountable Care Solutions from Aetna
- March 3, 1:45 – 4:45 p.m.: Leading from the Future: Delivering on Value —The Handshake between Cost & Quality -- ACO Encounter: Payer Perspective , featuring Charles D. Kennedy, M.D., chief executive officer, Accountable Care Solutions from Aetna
- March 5, 9:45 – 10:45 a.m.: Lessons/Insights from a Pioneer ACO’s Journey to Value-Based Care , featuring Charles D. Kennedy, M.D., Accountable Care Solutions from Aetna, and Tricia Nguyen, M.D., MBA, Banner Health Network
- March 5, 11:15 – 11:45 a.m.: Insights on Patient Engagement from a Tech-centric Provider , featuring David Friedersdorf, vice president of Sales, iTriage, and Dan Davidson, vice president of Marketing, Sunrise Health System