WHO: Verizon Wireless, operator of the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network
WHAT: Verizon Wireless recently activated new fourth generation (4G) Long Term Evolution (LTE) network coverage within six Litchfield County, Connecticut communities. 4G LTE empowers Verizon Wireless customers with compatible devices to surf the Web, post status updates and photos, and download files wirelessly at speeds up to 10 times faster than customers on 3G networks.
BACKGROUND: Two years after its launch, the Verizon 4G LTE network is available to more than 273 million people across the U.S. – close to 89 percent of the U.S. population. For a full list of 4G LTE markets please visit www.verizonwireless.com/lte.
Verizon Wireless’ Hartford-area network topped the most recent RootMetrics report for Data Performance and overall Combined Performance in the Hartford market.In 2012, Verizon Wireless completed $256 million in wireless network enhancements across New England, increasing the company's regional network investment to more than $3.3 billion since its inception in 2000. “4G LTE is changing the way customers interact with the world via next generation apps, devices and solutions,” commented Dave MacBeth, Executive Director of Network for Verizon Wireless. “By investing in wireless broadband we’re investing in local communities and economies where our customers live, work and play.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV