Feb. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) is adding new elements to its transcontinental service, offering customers traveling between New York-JFK and
San Francisco and, soon,
Seattle, more dining and entertainment options.
New offerings include:
- Sparkling wine in BusinessElite®
- Copies of The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and USA Today for BusinessElite customers, beginning later this spring
- BusinessElite express meals beginning this fall
- Complimentary headsets for all customers seated in Economy Comfort™ and Economy
- Complimentary beer, wine, spirits and premium snacks in Economy Comfort in April
- Complimentary movies and on-demand TV shows in Economy, plus free HBO® selections and new release movies for customers seated in Economy Comfort starting this summer
- 375 ml bottles of Hess Select Chardonnay and Meiomi by Belle Glos Pinot Noir available for purchase in Economy Class beginning in March
- Starbucks coffee for all transcon customers, beginning this summer
- Expanded movie and on-demand TV library, with up to 100 movies to choose from
- Upgraded food for purchase menu including more kid-friendly and healthy options beginning this fall
- All transcon flights out of New York's JFK will depart from T4, Delta's new international terminal, opening in May
"We are always working to make the coast-to-coast travel experience more comfortable and productive for our customers," said
, Delta's senior vice president – In-Flight Service. "In addition to product elements such as full flat-bed seats and in-flight Wi-Fi, sometimes it is the smaller, more personal touches that really make the flight experience an exceptional one."
Ideas In Flight
Adding to these investments, the airline is launching
Ideas In Flight,
a program through which Delta will test new products and services and gather real-time feedback from customers on board and via Facebook.
Ideas In Flight
puts customers at the heart of our process. They know better than anyone what it takes to make flying better and their valuable insights and feedback will help shape new initiatives as we continue to innovate and improve the travel experience," said
, Delta's senior vice president – Marketing.
Customers may participate by accessing the
Ideas In Flight
website for free while onboard transcontinental flights via in-flight Wi-Fi and through the dedicated tab on the Delta Facebook page.
Transcontinental Service Investments
Delta recently announced plans to introduce full flat-bed seats in the BusinessElite cabin of all transcontinental flights operating between
. Transcontinental flying will be operated using a combination of Boeing 757 and 767 aircraft types. The first 767 will begin flying in
, between New York-JFK and
. By June, four of Delta's seven daily flights between JFK and LAX, and one of five daily flights between
, will operate with a 767 widebody aircraft featuring the flat-bed product in the BusinessElite cabin.
Transcontinental BusinessElite Product
Delta has already transformed cross-country travel with its current transcontinental BusinessElite product, with service elements including a gourmet three-course menu from renowned chef
paired with a wine menu from
selected by Delta's master sommelier
; an extensive library of on demand movies, TV shows, music and games; and Gogo In-flight Internet access. Premium pillows, quilted duvets, amenity kits, noise-canceling headsets and adjustable winged headrests provide additional comfort.
About Delta Air Lines
Delta Air Lines serves more than 160 million customers each year. During the past year, Delta won 33 airline industry awards sweeping the major corporate travel surveys including Business Travel News, Travel Weekly, TravelAge West, Recommend Magazine and The Beat. Delta was also a recipient of the Secretary of Defense Freedom Award for exceptional support of National Guard and Reserve employees. With an industry-leading
, Delta and the
carriers offer service to nearly 319 destinations in 59 countries on six continents. Headquartered in
, Delta employs 80,000 employees worldwide and operates a mainline fleet of more than 700 aircraft. A founding member of the
global alliance, Delta participates in the industry's leading
trans-Atlantic joint venture
. Including its worldwide alliance partners, Delta offers customers more than 13,000 daily flights, with hubs in
Paris-Charles de Gaulle
Salt Lake City
. The airline's service includes the
frequent flier program, a world-class airline loyalty program; the award-winning
service; and more than 50 Delta
in airports worldwide. Delta is investing more than
in airport facilities and global products, services and technology to enhance the customer experience in the air and on the ground. Customers can check in for flights, print boarding passes, check bags and review flight status at
SOURCE Delta Air Lines
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts