Baird Equity Research analyst Jayson Noland said he expects further weakness in in HP's Services business during the second half of fiscal 2013. He maintained his 'neutral' rating on the company.
"HPQ shares have rebounded with stabilizing fundamentals and a better equity market, but we prefer to stay on the sidelines given remaining concerns on secular and competitive challenges," he wrote, in a note released on Friday.
HP, which describes fiscal 2013 as a "fix and rebuild" year, has at least made some slow progress, according to ISI Group analyst Brian Marshall. The company's overhaul of its multi-function printers, new storage products and advances in its networking technology could bear fruit in the second half of the year, he said.
Nonetheless, the analyst maintained his 'neutral' rating on the ailing tech titan, citing weakness in PCs and printing that shows no sign of abating, as well as lackluster growth in areas such as software and services.HP investors may have welcomed the company's first-quarter results, but there's clearly more pain ahead. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV