ImmunoGen, Inc . (Nasdaq: IMGN), a biotechnology company that develops anticancer therapeutics using its TAP technology, today announced that Roche has reported that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted marketing approval to Kadcyla for the treatment of people with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer who have received prior treatment with Herceptin ® (trastuzumab) and a taxane chemotherapy.
“This is a big day for the patients with this cancer and for ImmunoGen,” commented Daniel Junius, President and CEO. “In clinical testing, the findings with Kadcyla in this patient population have been impressive, and we’re delighted the product can now be used by practicing oncologists across the US. In addition to its importance from a medical perspective, commercialization of Kadcyla also marks the start of ImmunoGen earning royalty income.”
Mr. Junius continued, “The efficacy and tolerability seen with Kadcyla underscores the transformative potential of our technology. Kadcyla is the most advanced of ten compounds with our TAP technology already in the clinic, with more in earlier stages of development. We are hopeful that in the future many different types of cancers will be routinely treated with TAP compounds.”
Kadcyla has gained FDA approval for the treatment of people with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer who have received prior treatment with Herceptin and a taxane chemotherapy. People should either:
- Have already been treated for their metastatic cancer, or
- Have had their early-stage cancer come back during or within six months after they completed a course of treatment following surgery.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV