The Coca-Cola Company Today Announced Dr. Helene D. Gayle, M.D., M.P.H., President And CEO Of CARE USA, Has Been Nominated To Stand For Election To The Company's Board Of Directors At Its Annual Meeting Of Shareowners In April. (Photo: Business Wire)
The Coca-Cola Company today announced Helene D. Gayle, M.D., M.P.H., has been nominated to stand for election to the Company’s Board of Directors at its Annual Meeting of Shareowners in April. Dr. Gayle, 57, is President and CEO of CARE USA, a leading international humanitarian organization whose poverty fighting programs reached approximately 122 million people last year in 84 countries.
An expert on health, global development and humanitarian issues, Dr. Gayle spent 20 years with the Centers for Disease Control, working primarily on HIV/AIDS and has worked at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, directing programs on HIV/AIDS and other global health issues.
Dr. Gayle is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, the American Public Health Association, the Institute of Medicine and the American Academy of Pediatrics. She currently serves on the President's Commission on White House Fellowships and the U.S. Department of State's Foreign Affairs Policy Board.
“Helene brings a global mindset and a deep understanding of health and humanitarian issues to our Company,” said Muhtar Kent, Chairman and CEO, The Coca-Cola Company. “Her expertise and insight will be invaluable as we continue to expand our global initiatives around sustainability and women.”Named one of Forbes' "100 Most Powerful Women," and Foreign Policy magazine's "Top 100 Global Thinkers," Dr. Gayle earned a B.A. in psychology at Barnard College, an M.D. from the University of Pennsylvania and an M.P.H. from Johns Hopkins University.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV