Google Launches the Bugatti of Laptops
Google Pixel basically says "Look, this is a laptop first, and as such there is zero compromise in the traditional laptop ergonomics. The touch interface is a nice extra capability that can evolve over time. Have fun with it." This is totally the right approach at this stage of the market.
No Apple laptop offers embedded cellular data connectivity (LTE), and aside from a rare couple of tablet exceptions, neither do the Windows 8 laptops. Google Pixel has you covered with Verizon LTE.
In essence, Google Pixel marries the best of Apple -- the Retina display -- with the best of the Windows 8 touchscreen capability, but it subtracts the horrible Windows interface, and bests them both with a 3:2 aspect ratio and a superior operating system, Chrome OS. Smackdown!
Google also drops the storage neutron bomb right onto Microsoft's and Apple's dining table. The Google Pixel includes 1 terabyte of cloud storage, for 3 years. Yes, you read that right -- 1 terabyte. You can access and share that giant 1 terabyte across all your PCs, laptops and smartphones.How much does Apple and Microsoft charge for storage on their equivalent services, iCloud and SkyDrive?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV